Thursday 30 May 2013

Impressions seven

 
Impress Printmakers will be holding their annual member's exhibition Impressions seven at the Metcalfe Gallery, Brisbane Institute of Art, 41 Grafton Street, Windsor, in Brisbane from the 31 May to 12 June.
 
The exhibition will include fine art prints, drawings and artists books.  I am a member of Impress and have used their studio facilities on the odd occasion, but haven't participated in their exhibitions before, as I don't usually make fine art prints.  However Glenda Orr rang me and invited me to submit some of my artists books this year. It is nice to be exhibiting something in Brisbane, as my work seems to travel all over the world more often.  
 
The three small Book Art Object books that I made last year will be on display with my book Time Travel.  A photographer from the local newspaper arrived yesterday to photograph them and I believe they will be publishing an article about the exhibition next week.
 
I'm actually very fond of  prints and will be on the lookout for something wonderful that I just can't bear to live without.


2 comments:

dinahmow said...

A pity I can't quite squeeze that in!
I'll have to rely on your eyes.

rObfOs said...

Hi Helen,
I hope the opening went well. I'm sorry I couldn't make it along but I'm really keen to see the exhibition before it's over.