Tuesday 15 May 2012

Keith Smith and Scott McCarney

These two sample books were made at a two day workshop with Keith and Scott in Brisbane in 2000.  Keith taught the hard cover paper and leather book and Scott the concertina spine book with soft cover.  I'm unable to attend their five day workshop in the SLQ this year, but I'm looking forward to attending their lecture at the SLQ on Sunday 27th May.

There is information about their workshops on the new SLQ Australian Library of Art blog here - a great way to keep up with what's going on at the ALA.  You'll also find a post about the opening of the Life's Journey exhibition at Redland Gallery. 

5 comments:

ronnie said...

you queenslanders get all the good stuff!

Helen M said...

Yes we are lucky, ronnie. Sorry if the link didn't work - it;s ok now.

Janine Whitling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine Whitling said...

Hey Helen, what a bummer you won't be at the workshop, i'm going and was a bit excited to maybe meet you. Maybe if you're interested we could meet one on one another time? Maybe check out our studio spaces?

Helen M said...

Hi Janine
I'd love to meet you. I will be at the lecture on Sunday 27th but fly out overseas on the Monday. Yesterday I just found out we're together in BAO Group 11 - what a shame we didn't realise and you could have joined Amanda Jack Robyn and I at our first BAO Brisbane meeting. We're planning to meet again maybe in August after Amanda (who's already in Paris) and I are back home. I'll look out for you on Sunday if you'll be there.